Andover was settled around 1636 as Cochichewick. It was renamed Andover and incorporated in 1646. In 1709, it was separated into two parishes, Andover and North Andover. In 1855, these became two separate towns. For more extensive information on the history of Andover, visit Memorial Hall Library or the Andover Center for History & Culture.
Memorial Hall Library has a local history and genealogy collection with print and electronic resources. Visit the Local History & Genealogy Research page for more information.