The Massachusetts Library Collaborative's 50+ Job Seekers Group meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, from 9:30am to 11:30am, via Zoom.
If you are unemployed and actively looking, underemployed, seeking a new career direction, re-entering the job market after a long employment gap, or recently retired and looking for your "Encore Career", this networking group program is perfect for you! Remember, 85% of jobs are found through networking!
Join us in a professional forum for networking with peers in a safe and comfortable environment conducive to developing new relationships and developing skills and strategies to help in your career transition. Each meeting features a new topic. Meetings include workshops on topics relevant to career transition, guest speakers, access to hiring managers, small group breakout rooms to network, and 1-on-1 coaching guidance.
- July 6: Self-Assessment and Transferrable Skills
- July 20: Your ‘Career Story” Pitch
- Aug. 3: Marketing Plan and Marketing Brief
- Aug. 17: Applications, Cover Letters, and Negotiating
- Sept. 7: Developing a Resume – Part I
- Sept. 21: Resumes – Part 2
- Oct. 5: Creating a LinkedIn Profile
- Oct. 19: LinkedIn – Personal Branding
- Nov. 2: Interview Preparation and Strategy
- Nov. 16: Interview Practice
- Dec. 7: Hiring Employer Event
- Dec. 21: Networking 2.0
Meetings are facilitated by Deborah Hope, MBA, PCIC, an experienced executive career coach. Deborah is a former Fortune 500 executive, investment banker and entrepreneur and transitioned to executive coaching over 10 years ago. She has coached with Harvard Business School Executive Education programs, the Mass. Conference for Women, and is a Certified Leadership Agility Coach. She has facilitated 50+ Job Seekers Networking Groups for 5 years and is a Licensed Group Leader.
The series is hosted by Tewksbury Library in partnership with libraries in Andover, Billerica, Chelmsford, Danvers, North Andover, Shrewsbury, Westford, and Wilmington.